ORVIS COMPANY'S KIMBRIDGE OPEN DAY
Saturday 22nd April, 2006
Andover, Hampshire: (6 February, 2006) – Valued customers and members of the sporting press are welcomed by invitation only to the annual Orvis consumer day between 10.00am-4.00pm, at the famous Kimbridge Fishing beat on the river Test.
This year, the event has special status to the company as it is the start of their 25th birthday celebrations in the UK.
Orvis will be showcasing their latest fly-fishing products and tuition services on the day, and this is a great opportunity to try and buy the new range of Zero Gravity rods, Western2 rods, new Generation 3 Wonderlines, and many other exciting new products available.
Events planned for the day include:
- Leading angling writer Paul Proctor hosting "What do I carry in my vest", together with Q/A session on river techniques.
- Competition expert Simon Kidd with the latest thinking in fly designs.
- Local expert Peter Hayes hosting a Bug Hunt and giving a lecture on entomology.
- An all day casting clinic offering 20 minute lessons with experienced instructors and demonstrations by the Orvis advisory team and the Fly-dressers guild will ensure that new skills and techniques are taken away from the day.
- Whilst enjoying the barbeque by Robinsons of Stockbridge, there will be a chance to view displays of conservation work by the Wild Trout Trust, Salmon & Trout Association and Countryside paintings by David Miller.
Orvis will be ensuring that their usual level of support is given to the Wild Trout Trust through this event and will be holding a prize draw of an Orvis fly rod with all proceeds to the trust.
For media enquiries and invitation requests, please contact Lucy Martin at Orvis on 01264 349536.
The Orvis Company celebrates its 150th anniversary in the US this year (and its 25th in the UK!)
Founded by Charles F. Orvis in Manchester, Vermont, US in 1856, The Orvis Company specialises in fine quality fly-fishing tackle, shooting clothing and accessories, traditional country clothing and unique gifts for the country home.
In 1981, Orvis started a mail order business in the UK based at a converted water mill in Nether Wallop, Hampshire after taking over the successful 'Dermot Wilson' fly-fishing tackle business on Mr Wilson's retirement. Since then, the business has blossomed and the expansion has included the opening of 17 full price and 2 outlet retail stores in the UK with a move to larger HQ and distribution premises in Andover, Hampshire. Orvis is now the largest, truly authentic, specialist country living retailer in the UK with an exciting and unique product offer available from its retail stores, mail order catalogue and website.
PR CONTACT: LUCY MARTIN
Tel: 01264 349536
The Orvis Company, Inc.
Unit 30A North Way