The Clearwater 126-4 is designed for larger water when the summer steelhead run is on. Long enough to handle the two-hand casts necessary for bigger water, but light enough to make the smaller summer steeleis a real challenge. An excellent rod for Great Lakes tributaries as well. As part of the two-handed Clearwater line this is one of the lightest models offering a purpose-built profile and action at a price far below what you would expect for this level of quality and technology.
The new Clearwater® Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 12' 6-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with grey rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont
Rod outfit includes:
- Clearwater 126-4 fly rod
- Battenkill IV disc speyreel
- Hydros 6-wt Spey Line
- Mission Skagit 420gr, Mission Shooting Line .031"
- Rod tube