If you're looking for versatility and the ability to adapt to different techniques in different situations, the Clearwater 8-Weight 11' Fly Rod is not only a great investment, but a remarkably small investment for all it offers. Whether you like to use two-handed methods to swing indicator rigs, or big streamers in rivers and tidal currents, or use an overhead cast across big water, the Clearwater 118-4 is a terrific option from steelhead and salmon to medium-to-light saltwater. With this versatile rod, you can adapt to what the fish and the water present, be more efficient, and best of all, spend very little doing it.
The new Clearwater® Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 11' 8-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with grey rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont
Rod outfit includes:
- Clearwater 118-4 fly rod
- Battenkill V disc spey reel
- Mission Skagit 420gr, Mission Shooting Line .031"
- 200 yds. 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube