If you're looking for true versatility in an all-around two-handed fly rod, the Mission 7-Weight 13' is just the option you're looking for. This is the rod that will handle your two-handed needs across all but the far ends of the two-handed spectrum. A do-it-all rod with both Scandi and Skagit heads, the 13-foot length and 7-weight line can handle both big and smaller water, has the power to handle larger fish and is still light enough to allow you to cast all day. For anyone who loves the two-handed method and fishes a variety of waters both big and small, the Mission 137-4 is sure to become your favorite rod.
The Orvis Mission Two-Handed Rod Series is a comprehensive American-made series encompassing the two-handed casting spectrum from compact and versatile 11-foot rods to big-water 14 and 15-foot models.
Mission rods are the result of Helios 3 design advancement techniques, tested by experts from the Pacific Northwest to Europe. Helios 3 construction design dampens vibrations making casts easier and more accurate with an inherent autocorrect that allows even a mediocre cast to be rescued by these rods.
The increased hoop strength we obtain by using H3 construction means less energy lost and more efficient energy transfer. It is easier to develop fluid power in the cast with less effort, because the rods dampen quicker with no wobble, shooting long casts with accurate presentation. Made in USA.
- 13' 7-weight, 4-piece rod
- Blanks are matte olive with orange accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Composite cork on grip in high wear areas
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a SiC insert
- Reel seat is downlocking, self-indexing, with a solid aluminum barrel
- Comes with orange aluminum rod tube with black anodized cap and collar
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Made in USA
Rod outfit includes:
- Mission 137-4 fly rod
- Battenkill® Disc IV Spey reel
- Mission Skagit 520 grain head, .031 diameter shooting line
- 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube