Whether you like swinging flies for smaller steelhead in small tributaries of the Great Lakes using indicator setups, or using an overhead casting technique to reach out to stripers on a beach, the versatile Clearwater 7-Weight 11' Fly Rod gives you the option to switch and cast either way. Swing small patterns in an estuarial tidal current and then switch over to an overhead out on the beach. The option to use a conventional cast or a two-hand cast makes the Clearwater 117-4 an excellent way to add multiple technique options to your fishing with very little investment.
The new Clearwater® Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 11' 7-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with grey rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont
Rod outfit includes:
- Clearwater 117-4 fly rod
- Battenkill IV disc spey reel
- Mission Skagit 360gr, Mission Shooting Line .031"
- 225 yds. 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube