The Mission 117-4 is a versatile rod for smaller tributaries of coastal rivers or the Great Lakes in the pursuit of summer-run steelhead or other anadromous fish. Great for tight spots and also excellent for overhead casting indicator rigs with good reach for line control. The option to use a conventional cast or a two-hand cast makes the Mission 117-4 an excellent way to add multiple technique options to your fishing.
The Orvis Mission Two-Handed Rod Series is a comprehensive American-made seven-rod series encompassing the two-handed casting spectrum from compact and versatile 11-foot rods to big-water 14 and 15-foot models. Mission rods are the result of Helios 3 design advancement techniques, tested by experts from the Pacific Northwest to Europe. Helios 3 construction design dampens vibrations making casts easier and more accurate with an inherent autocorrect that allows even a mediocre cast to be rescued by these rods.
The increased hoop strength we obtain by using H3 construction means less energy lost and more efficient energy transfer. It is easier to develop fluid power in the cast with less effort, because the rods dampen quicker with no wobble, shooting long casts with accurate presentation. Made in USA
- 11' 7-weight, 4-piece rod
- Blanks are matte olive with orange accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Composite cork on grip in high wear areas
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a SiC insert
- Reel seat is downlocking, self-indexing, with a solid aluminum barrel
- Comes with orange aluminum rod tube with black anodized cap and collar
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Made in USA