If you're looking for the sweet spot in two-handed fly rods, you've found it in the Mission 8-Weight 13' 6" rod. Designed for big water and big fish, but not overbearing and hard to handle. For the traveling two-hand angler who wants a rod that will handle just about anything he or she encounters in two-handed fishing, the Mission 1368 is the rod you want. This is Goldilocks' favorite two-handed rod. It's just right for both Skagit heads and Scandi lines in two-hand fisheries around the world, be it Europe, the Atlantic Maritimes, or the Pacific Northwest. Big water performance that won't wear you out. The Orvis Mission Two-Handed Rod Series is a comprehensive American-made series encompassing the two-handed casting spectrum from compact and versatile 11-foot rods to big-water 14 and 15-foot models.
Mission rods are the result of Helios 3 design advancement techniques, tested by experts from the Pacific Northwest to Europe. Helios 3 construction design dampens vibrations making casts easier and more accurate with an inherent autocorrect that allows even a mediocre cast to be rescued by these rods.
The increased hoop strength we obtain by using H3 construction means less energy lost and more efficient energy transfer. It is easier to develop fluid power in the cast with less effort, because the rods dampen quicker with no wobble, shooting long casts with accurate presentation. Made in USA.
- 13'6" 8-weight, 4-piece rod
- Blanks are matte olive with orange accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Composite cork on grip in high wear areas
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a SiC insert
- Reel seat is downlocking, self-indexing, with a solid aluminum barrel
- Comes with orange aluminum rod tube with black anodized cap and collar
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Made in USA
Rod outfit includes:
- Mission 1368-4 fly rod
- Battenkill® Disc IV Spey reel
- Mission Skagit 560 grain head, .038 diameter shooting line
- 30-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube